Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My decaffeinated adventures

I never thought I'd do it. But it's come to pass. Not only am I off the booze for the month of January, I'm off caffeine. It's a test for me. I'm not addicted but I do love my coffee. No withdrawal headaches. No other issues. It's an interesting test.

I can't say whether I'm sleeping better or not (due to having a one month old in the house). I don't really feel any different. It's tough to tell exactly what's going on. I was expecting more of a noticeable difference. I am leaning out, maybe the reduced caffeine is having an effect on that?

There's a lot written about the evils of caffeine. I just don't seem to notice them. Maybe I've not exceeded the critical dose. Or perhaps I need to measure things more scientifically. Perhaps I'm too subjective in my testing. Maybe an expert would see a difference in my cortisol levels right now as compared to "normal."

Anyway, I think I'll hedge my bets once the month is over. I'll be back on the real stuff when I'm out on the town but at home it might be decaf.

Have you got anything to add about your (de)caffeinated adventures?

1 comment:

  1. I could talk for hours about my adventures in the land of (almost) de-caffeination. Won't go into detail here because it's quite detailed on my CF:VIC nutrition log.

    Actually, for the most part I'm feeling negative consequences for this choice. However, it may be I'm so focussed on those that I'm not seeing the good. The two times I've ventured back into caffeine have had very interesting results.

    Wired from drinking 2/3 of a 1/4 piccolo late! It's like being in another dimension.

    ReplyDelete