Monday, January 10, 2011

Leftovers curry

A couple of nights back I bought two huge rib eye steaks. I cooked the suckers on the BBQ. Nice. Alas, there was just too much meat for my wife and I. We had to leave some for later.

But, fear not, the steak didn't go to the dogs. I ended up whacking together a tasty beef curry with very little effort for lunch the next day.

Now, truth be told I may have stretched the Whole 30 rules just a little but bear with me. I think I've done okay. You see I did use a curry paste that I didn't make myself. However, I intently studied the ingredients and it would have been no different to what I'd use at home.

The ingredients:

  • leftover steak, sliced
  • eggplant, 1/2, diced
  • zucchini, diced
  • coconut cream
  • water
  • massaman curry paste
All I did was mix the curry paste, coconut cream and a splash of water in a wok until combined then whack in the steak and veg and simmer for 30 minutes.

More about the curry paste: I used Valcom Massaman Curry Paste. Check it out at your local supermarket. It's good stuff and not full of crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment