Saturday, January 1, 2011

January is detox month

Many people do a no alcohol detox in February. No doubt this is because it is the shortest month of the year. Those extra few days could kill ya.

At Firebrand Fitness, some of the members and staff are taking part in the Whole 30 in the month of January. It's a dietary detox par excellence. Effectively, you get to eat real food for the month and no crap. Pretty simple.

So, in order to assist those souls who are wondering how the heck to stay fed without all the garbage that can be consumed, we will be providing some help. Paleo Brothers style-e.

I'm starting with my dinner for day 1. Tonight, my wife - who is joining me on the Whole 30 adventure - and I will be eating a chicken salad. Here's how it breaks down...

Grab:

  • enough mixed leaves to amply feed two
  • cherry tomatoes (one punnet)
  • an avocado
  • some olives
  • three small chicken fillets
  • pepper
  • a lime
  • olive oil
Then:
  • slice the chook
  • marinate it in the olive oil, lime and pepper for about 30 minutes
  • slice and dice the salad goodies and mix them together
  • fry (or grill) the chook
  • pop the chook ato the salad and serve
  • eat
  • relax
We haven't eaten yet but I'm really looking forward to it.

Got a recipe? Share it!

1 comment:

  1. Similar to my recipe. I throw in mushroom, red onion, walnut, seeded mustard and red/yellow capsicum too. I've found Avocado oil in come supermarkets, if you can find the lime infused one it is AMAZING with a salad. I also highly recommend grilling over frying solely for flavour reasons. Of course, we all have different tastes.

    ReplyDelete