Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Never mind the bollocks

Guess what I learned while watching the cricket recently?

Butter is bad for me.
And, get this, margarine is good for me.
It must be true because it was on the TV.
And, the Heart Foundation endorsed the message.
They even had a cardiologist on the ad explaining that saturated fats are bad for us.
Really, they did.
The doc even explained that the plant seeds in margarine are good for my health.
I kid you not.


Ads like these are one of the many reasons that:
  1. I rarely watch TV
  2. the general population is predominantly fat (and getting fatter)
  3. people have no idea what they really should be eating
  4. surgeons should not be allowed to make nutritional recommendations
  5. the medical professional needs a swift kick in the ass
A few things to remember:
  1. correlation is not causation
  2. education is not knowledge
  3. it's up to you to take care of yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment